[TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Douglas La Farge
To generate the file I assume I go to Ext Manager make sure the check  
box (Enable automatic configuration) is selected to use the file and  
hit update.

I am running multiple domains from my install.

right now all my urls come out with the form:


http://www.foo.com/3241/  where 3241 is the page id.

Any ideas out there on what I should try or do?

doug



-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Doug La Farge
GCN Publishing, Inc.
203.665.6211 x209
928.699.0663 (cell)
Internet Software & Services For Today's Media Companies
www.gcnpublishing.com * www.bg2go.com

_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Vlatko Surlan
La Farge Douglas wrote:

> To generate the file I assume I go to Ext Manager make sure the check
> box (Enable automatic configuration) is selected to use the file and hit
> update.
>
> I am running multiple domains from my install.
>
> right now all my urls come out with the form:
>
>
> http://www.foo.com/3241/  where 3241 is the page id.
>
> Any ideas out there on what I should try or do?
>
> doug
>
>
>
> -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> Doug La Farge
> GCN Publishing, Inc.
> 203.665.6211 x209
> 928.699.0663 (cell)
> Internet Software & Services For Today's Media Companies
> www.gcnpublishing.com * www.bg2go.com
>

As you probably know already, autoconf is active only if realurl conf is not present in localconf.php. I'd recommend you
first check which configuration is in effect by turning autoconf off and checking if there is any changes. When you
establish which one is in effect post it here. You can see the generated configuration for realurl by changing the
format of autoconf file from serialized to php source in extension manager.
_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Douglas La Farge
All config files were removed from typo3conf

Path to configuration file
is left blank.

Enable automatic configuration
has been checked and unchecked multiple times.

Automatic configuration file format
has been toggled back and forth a number of times.

Update has been clicked dozens of times.

no auto config file gets generated.

something is busted is my only conclusion.

ideas?

doug


On Jul 25, 2009, at 3:55 AM, Vlatko Surlan wrote:

> La Farge Douglas wrote:
>> To generate the file I assume I go to Ext Manager make sure the check
>> box (Enable automatic configuration) is selected to use the file  
>> and hit
>> update.
>>
>> I am running multiple domains from my install.
>>
>> right now all my urls come out with the form:
>>
>>
>> http://www.foo.com/3241/  where 3241 is the page id.
>>
>> Any ideas out there on what I should try or do?
>>
>> doug
>>
>>
>>
>> -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>> Doug La Farge
>> GCN Publishing, Inc.
>> 203.665.6211 x209
>> 928.699.0663 (cell)
>> Internet Software & Services For Today's Media Companies
>> www.gcnpublishing.com * www.bg2go.com
>>
>
> As you probably know already, autoconf is active only if realurl  
> conf is not present in localconf.php. I'd recommend you
> first check which configuration is in effect by turning autoconf off  
> and checking if there is any changes. When you
> establish which one is in effect post it here. You can see the  
> generated configuration for realurl by changing the
> format of autoconf file from serialized to php source in extension  
> manager.
> _______________________________________________
> TYPO3-english mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Doug La Farge
GCN Publishing, Inc.
203.665.6211 x209
928.699.0663 (cell)
Internet Software & Services For Today's Media Companies
www.gcnpublishing.com * www.bg2go.com

_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Jigal van Hemert-3
La Farge Douglas wrote:
 > Vlatko Surlan wrote:
>> As you probably know already, autoconf is active only if realurl conf
>> is not present in localconf.php. I'd recommend you
> All config files were removed from typo3conf

Note that Vlatko suggested to check any realurl conf *inside* the
typo3conf/localconf.php file
I'm pretty sure you didn't remove this file, because without it TYPO3
will not be able to function...

Regards,
--
Jigal van Hemert.
_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Douglas La Farge
Yes, correct. localconf.php was not removed.  I referred only to any  
realurl conf files.

There is no config for real url in localconf.php.

Well, there is this config:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extConf']['realurl'] = 'a:4:{s:
10:"configFile";s:0:"";s:14:"enableAutoConf";s:1:"1";s:
14:"autoConfFormat";s:1:"1";s:12:"enableDevLog";s:1:"0";}'; //  
Modified or inserted by TYPO3 Extension Manager.

But this is inserted into the file after i hit "Update" in extension  
manager.

I've done this routine before and it worked in the past. I know what  
hoops to jump.  Generally, do something "right" and it starts  
working.  This time around it's different. This install of typo3 is a  
copy of another site which also using domain records.  RealURL sorta  
works fine over there (the URLs don't format the way I want but it's  
close enough).

something is busted...

doug

On Jul 25, 2009, at 11:18 AM, Jigal van Hemert wrote:

> La Farge Douglas wrote:
>> Vlatko Surlan wrote:
>>> As you probably know already, autoconf is active only if realurl  
>>> conf
>>> is not present in localconf.php. I'd recommend you
>> All config files were removed from typo3conf
>
> Note that Vlatko suggested to check any realurl conf *inside* the
> typo3conf/localconf.php file
> I'm pretty sure you didn't remove this file, because without it TYPO3
> will not be able to function...
>
> Regards,
> --
> Jigal van Hemert.
> _______________________________________________
> TYPO3-english mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Doug La Farge
GCN Publishing, Inc.
203.665.6211 x209
928.699.0663 (cell)
Internet Software & Services For Today's Media Companies
www.gcnpublishing.com * www.bg2go.com

_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Vlatko Surlan
La Farge Douglas wrote:

> Yes, correct. localconf.php was not removed.  I referred only to any
> realurl conf files.
>
> There is no config for real url in localconf.php.
>
> Well, there is this config:
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extConf']['realurl'] =
> 'a:4:{s:10:"configFile";s:0:"";s:14:"enableAutoConf";s:1:"1";s:14:"autoConfFormat";s:1:"1";s:12:"enableDevLog";s:1:"0";}';    
> //  Modified or inserted by TYPO3 Extension Manager.
>
> But this is inserted into the file after i hit "Update" in extension
> manager.
>
> I've done this routine before and it worked in the past. I know what
> hoops to jump.  Generally, do something "right" and it starts working.  
> This time around it's different. This install of typo3 is a copy of
> another site which also using domain records.  RealURL sorta works fine
> over there (the URLs don't format the way I want but it's close enough).
>
> something is busted...

Seems like a perfect case for you to take some time and follow my tutorial on Eclipse+XDebug+SSHFS for remote debugging.
You can check it out here: http://www.valdez.hr/fileadmin/video_en/eclipse_php_xdebug.ogv
_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Dmitry Dulepov
In reply to this post by Douglas La Farge
Hi!

La Farge Douglas wrote:
> I've done this routine before and it worked in the past. I know what
> hoops to jump.  Generally, do something "right" and it starts working.
> This time around it's different. This install of typo3 is a copy of
> another site which also using domain records.  RealURL sorta works fine
> over there (the URLs don't format the way I want but it's close enough).
>
> something is busted...

Is your typo3conf/ writable for the web server?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitrydulepov
Twitter: http://twitter.com/dmitryd
Skype: liels_bugs
_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Vlatko Surlan
Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

>
> Is your typo3conf/ writable for the web server?
>

I thought about that as well but figured that it is since he mentioned that EM added some realurl config on installation...
_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

j.a.m.v.d.wiel (Bugzilla)
There's a subtle difference in writability of localconf.php or the typo3conf directory. Both can have different permissions. The webserver might not be allowed to create a new file in typo3conf, while it is allowed to alter the existing localconf.php.

Bas

________________________________________
From: [hidden email] [[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Vlatko Surlan [[hidden email]]
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 11:09 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

>
> Is your typo3conf/ writable for the web server?
>

I thought about that as well but figured that it is since he mentioned that EM added some realurl config on installation...
_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Douglas La Farge
This isn't the problem. I checked on that long before I wrote to this  
board. I'm slightly smarter than that.

When I originally set up the site it generated the autoconfing file.  
Problem is I didn't have the other two domains set up yet. I even went  
in and edited the domain names in the auto config file. But that broke  
RealURL for the one working domain.

doug

On Jul 27, 2009, at 2:16 AM, Wiel, J.A.M. van de wrote:

> There's a subtle difference in writability of localconf.php or the  
> typo3conf directory. Both can have different permissions. The  
> webserver might not be allowed to create a new file in typo3conf,  
> while it is allowed to alter the existing localconf.php.
>
> Bas
>
> ________________________________________
> From: [hidden email] [[hidden email]
> ] On Behalf Of Vlatko Surlan [[hidden email]]
> Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 11:09 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating
>
> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>
>>
>> Is your typo3conf/ writable for the web server?
>>
>
> I thought about that as well but figured that it is since he  
> mentioned that EM added some realurl config on installation...
> _______________________________________________
> TYPO3-english mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
> _______________________________________________
> TYPO3-english mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Doug La Farge
GCN Publishing, Inc.
203.665.6211 x209
928.699.0663 (cell)
Internet Software & Services For Today's Media Companies
www.gcnpublishing.com * www.bg2go.com

_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Dmitry Dulepov
Hi!

La Farge Douglas wrote:
> When I originally set up the site it generated the autoconfing file.
> Problem is I didn't have the other two domains set up yet. I even went
> in and edited the domain names in the auto config file. But that broke
> RealURL for the one working domain.

What does the RealURL manual tell you to do if you add new domains (page 24 of the manual)? :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitrydulepov
Twitter: http://twitter.com/dmitryd
Skype: liels_bugs
_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Douglas La Farge
that part about having to delete realurl_autoconf.php?

On Jul 27, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> La Farge Douglas wrote:
>> When I originally set up the site it generated the autoconfing file.
>> Problem is I didn't have the other two domains set up yet. I even  
>> went
>> in and edited the domain names in the auto config file. But that  
>> broke
>> RealURL for the one working domain.
>
> What does the RealURL manual tell you to do if you add new domains  
> (page 24 of the manual)? :)
>
> --
> Dmitry Dulepov
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitrydulepov
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/dmitryd
> Skype: liels_bugs
> _______________________________________________
> TYPO3-english mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Doug La Farge
GCN Publishing, Inc.
203.665.6211 x209
928.699.0663 (cell)
Internet Software & Services For Today's Media Companies
www.gcnpublishing.com * www.bg2go.com

_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Dmitry Dulepov
Hi!

La Farge Douglas wrote:
> that part about having to delete realurl_autoconf.php?

Yes. You should not edit it, you should delete it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitrydulepov
Twitter: http://twitter.com/dmitryd
Skype: liels_bugs
_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [TYPO3-english] realurl autoconf not generating

Douglas La Farge
I did. But after it didn't autogenerate I put back a backup copy and  
tried to edit it.

Doug

On Jul 28, 2009, at 11:07 AM, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Hi!
>
> La Farge Douglas wrote:
>> that part about having to delete realurl_autoconf.php?
>
> Yes. You should not edit it, you should delete it.
>
> --
> Dmitry Dulepov
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitrydulepov
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/dmitryd
> Skype: liels_bugs
> _______________________________________________
> TYPO3-english mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Doug La Farge
GCN Publishing, Inc.
203.665.6211 x209
928.699.0663 (cell)
Internet Software & Services For Today's Media Companies
www.gcnpublishing.com * www.bg2go.com

_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: realurl autoconf not generating

Vlatko Šurlan-4
La Farge Douglas wrote:

> I did. But after it didn't autogenerate I put back a backup copy and
> tried to edit it.
>
> Doug
>
> On Jul 28, 2009, at 11:07 AM, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> La Farge Douglas wrote:
>>> that part about having to delete realurl_autoconf.php?
>>
>> Yes. You should not edit it, you should delete it.
>>
>> --
>> Dmitry Dulepov
>> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitrydulepov
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/dmitryd
>> Skype: liels_bugs
>> _______________________________________________
>> TYPO3-english mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
>
> -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> Doug La Farge
> GCN Publishing, Inc.
> 203.665.6211 x209
> 928.699.0663 (cell)
> Internet Software & Services For Today's Media Companies
> www.gcnpublishing.com * www.bg2go.com
>

If anyone gets here due to a non working autoconf generation check this try deinstalling powermail first and then try to
regenerate the autoconf by loading any frontend page. For explanation check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvpUjiyS_Ks
_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.typo3.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: realurl autoconf not generating

Riccardo Coletta
In reply to this post by Douglas La Farge
Does anyone discovered the solution to this problem?
I deleted the realurl_autoconf.php file to make it regenerated, but it doesn't and I lost all my configuration (I have a backup file)
I really don't know what to do except put the old file back and update it manually instead that with common hooks

Thanks
_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.typo3.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: realurl autoconf not generating

Riccardo Coletta
I finally discovered the problem myself
I have an extension that in his "localconf.php" has this

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['realurl']['decodeSpURL_preProc']["ric_test"] =
        'EXT:ric_test/Classes/Hooks/Realurl.php:RIC\\RicTest\\Hooks\\Realurl->decodeSpURL_preProc';

I use it to make some url decoding to "prettify" them a bit more. And it works perfectly.
Well, if I deleted "realurl_autoconf.php" file, it  won't be regenerated until this hook is so declared.

I had to modifiy my extension this way

if( file_exists( "../realurl_autoconf.php" ) ) {
        $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['realurl']['decodeSpURL_preProc']["ric_test"] =
        'EXT:ric_test/Classes/Hooks/Realurl.php:RIC\\RicTest\\Hooks\\Realurl->decodeSpURL_preProc';
}

And it finally worked


_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.typo3.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: realurl autoconf not generating

Riccardo Coletta
It wasn't working

if( file_exists( $_SERVER[ "DOCUMENT_ROOT" ] ."/typo3conf/realurl_autoconf.php" ) ) {
        $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['realurl']['decodeSpURL_preProc']["ric_test"] =
        'EXT:sara_nuvap/Classes/Hooks/Realurl.php:SARA\\SaraNuvap\\Hooks\\Realurl->decodeSpURL_preProc';
}

THIS works
_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.typo3.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english
Loading...