Quantcast

access rights of single data records?

Martin Mädler
Hello,

is it possible to have data records (i.e. tt_address items), which are
only editable by specific BE-users?

The problem is, that I have a couple of tt_address items in a sysfolder.
Under the Access panel, I can specify a group or user which has backend
access to it. But that way either all tt_address items can be accessed
or none. Is there a way, to say user X can edit item A, user Y can edit
item B and so forth?

Thanks
-Martin

Re: access rights of single data records?

Xavier Perseguers-3
Hello,

> is it possible to have data records (i.e. tt_address items), which are
> only editable by specific BE-users?
>
> The problem is, that I have a couple of tt_address items in a sysfolder.
> Under the Access panel, I can specify a group or user which has backend
> access to it. But that way either all tt_address items can be accessed
> or none. Is there a way, to say user X can edit item A, user Y can edit
> item B and so forth?

Create folders to group your records and assign proper ACL to them.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Re: access rights of single data records?

Martin Mädler
Hello Xavier
> Create folders to group your records and assign proper ACL to them.

okay thanks! I think that's what I'm doing now even though I thought
there's a simpler solution.

Cheers
Martin

Re: access rights of single data records?

Josef Florian Glatz-3
Am 16.03.2011 08:30, schrieb Xavier Perseguers:

> Hello,
>
>> is it possible to have data records (i.e. tt_address items), which are
>> only editable by specific BE-users?
>>
>> The problem is, that I have a couple of tt_address items in a sysfolder.
>> Under the Access panel, I can specify a group or user which has backend
>> access to it. But that way either all tt_address items can be accessed
>> or none. Is there a way, to say user X can edit item A, user Y can edit
>> item B and so forth?
>
> Create folders to group your records and assign proper ACL to them.

I think i've found a ext a few years ago, which allows ACL on records.
But I didn't know the name.. ;-(

Josef Florian Glatz
http://typo3blog.at | http://josdesign.at

Re: access rights of single data records?

Martin Mädler
Hi, I just found one called tm_contentaccess, but I don't think it works
with TYPO3 4.5.2 unless someone can confirm otherwise? It seems to need
a certain skin (skin_grey_2) to be installed as well...